Sunday, May 27, 2012

Day 2!

Sooooo today was MUCH better than yesterday. I was just completely overwhelmed and felt lonely yesterday. Today, after staying in my room for ~14 hours straight, I finally went out to take a shower and explore the city. The city is built on a grid (similar to Savannah), so it is fairly easy to find everything. As I was trying to find el supermercado, I ran into 2 guys from the US, one from Minnesota and one from Connecticut. They were so nice and walked me to the store I was trying to find. After, I met up with Rachel (the volunteer coordinator of Primeros Pasos- which I'll post about later) and had lunch with her and found a lot of different places to eat. After, I decided to do some MCAT studying (yay) at this coffee shop near parque central, and met not one, not two, but FOUR Duke Divinity school students. FROM DUKE. I was SO excited, I can't even put it in words. I love Duke people so much and they were so nice and inviting. After conquering my MCAT section on mechanics, I left and have been watching TV ever since. So overall, I'd say it was a good day :)

Here are some pictures from the day:
                                      My room!

                                     Lunch! All of this for only $3... I'll be returning here regularly!


                                     Hahha the funniest bathroom sign ever

No comments:

Post a Comment